Applications from US Residents only.
This position will be responsible for the management of emergent and non-emergency medical care from offshore vessels and installations, and caring and treating patients while transporting to shore for further treatment. In addition to providing routine medical services and responding to emergencies the offshore paramedic performs safety checks and evaluations of necessary medical gear and equipment required to perform the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
● To provide urgent and emergency care for all workers in the offshore environment, in international waters, on a variety of platforms, vessels, etc.
● To discuss all significant medical cases with Topside physicians, and prepare for and execute transportation to shore-based Emergency Medical Systems for further treatment and evaluation.
● To undertake accurate clinical assessment and examinations.
● To maintain up-to-date, accurate, individual medical records utilizing a computer based medical record system.
● To report medical treatments in accordance with requirements of Client.
● Travel with patient (if necessary) to nearest approved Medical Facility.
● Provide functional leadership during emergency medical delivery and mass casualty scenarios.
● Ensure that critical medical supplies and equipment are pre-packed and available for emergency use at dispersed sites or during patient transport.
● Participate in simulation exercises organized by Client.
● Ensure proper maintenance of Clinical and Medical equipment onboard in accordance with Company guidelines.
● Other duties as required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
● Minimum of two (2) years as an independent and fully qualified paramedic
● National Registry Paramedic and/or State Licensed/Certified Paramedic
● Experience working offshore preferred, but not required
● Experience working within the wind industry preferred by not required
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
● General technology literacy
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
● English fluency
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
● Active Paramedic license/certification (US National Registry, US State)
● OGUK or equivalent medical certificate
● BLS/CPR (American Heart Association)
● Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
● Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or equivalent(s)
● Ability to obtain and maintain a Fit for Duty (FFD) clearance
All conditions, skills and abilities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is an offshore position, considered to be an emergency responder on the active project site, in international waters. This position will require living on board a vessel while working within the project site.